How to grow tomatoes? Tomato is probably one of the most consumed foods in our diet since it can be consumed raw or cooked and can be added to a multitude of dishes, from salads to making homemade sauces.
This food has great beneficial properties for health since it is rich in antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin C, A and E. It also contains a high level of B vitamins and folic acid and a good variety of minerals.
For these reasons, and many others, it is one of the most consumed vegetables in the world. The best time to plant tomatoes in a garden is spring, but did you know that you can germinate tomatoes at home even using the ones you bought in the supermarket?
How to grow tomatoes at home from seeds
First of all, we must differentiate between two large groups of tomatoes when planting, either in the garden or at home. “Determinate” tomatoes are a more compact and branched plant that does not require pruning and has limited growth. It is ideal for growing tomatoes in a pot at home.
On the other hand, “indeterminate” tomatoes are those whose growth is unlimited and require a larger space and will be bearing fruit throughout the season. These types of tomatoes are the ones used in orchards.
When it comes to growing tomatoes in a pot, you can do it using acquired seeds or using a tomato that you have at home. From the YouTube channel Cultivo Paso a Paso, dedicated to seed germination, fruit and vegetable cultivation, they explain how to plant tomatoes at home quickly and easily.
- You will need a pot filled with previously moistened substrate.
- In this case, the author uses a cherry tomato and cuts it into half-centimeter slices.
- Once cut, they are placed in the pot separately.
- The next step will be to cover the tomato slices with more substrate.
- Apply a small watering if the substrate is not damp.
- Leave near a window at home.
Planting the sprouts in individual seedbeds
In a matter of five to seven days the seeds will begin to germinate. Once this happens, you will have to plant the sprouts in seedbeds individually so that they grow correctly. You can use other pots or make a homemade seedbed by reusing material such as the toilet paper roll.
- The seedbeds are filled with substrate.
- They will be planted one by one.
- You add a little soil (substrate) over each seedbed to ensure that most of the stem and root remain inside.
- They are ready! Now you will have to take good care of the plant and wait for them to grow.
- Minecraft Decoration Ideas
- Wedding Decoration İdeas
- How to Grow Tomatoes?
- Ibiza Island
- Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
- Birthday Decoration Ideas For Kids
- Most Beautiful Bedroom Decoration
- Bathroom Design Ideas and Shower Items
- Young Room Decoration
- Small Balcony Decoration
- Which Colors Should Be Used in The Living Room Decoration?
- Small Kitchen Suggestions
- Home Office Decoration Ideas
- Kids Room and Baby Room Decoration Suggestions
- Living Room Decoration
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Small Garden Decoration Ideas
- Office Decoration Ideas
- Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- Turquoise Decoration Items