Minestrone soup… Today it is the turn of a great recipe: Minestrone soup, a classic of Italian cuisine. Due to the forcefulness of this dish, it has been called with the augmentative of the word “minestra” (“served at the table”) minestrone. It seems that its origin is located in central Italy and it was a very popular recipe from the poor kitchen of the peasantry.
This dish is no longer presented with a unique recipe because each region, or rather each family, has a sui generis way of preparing it. Basically, it is a seasonal vegetable soup with some legume, and rice or pasta; Originally, it had some pork (trotters or bacon) to make it more consistent and succulent as it was eaten as a magnificent unique dish. What do you think of us setting ourselves up in Poveretto’s hometown, Assisi, a city in central Italy where minestrone comes from?
Minestrone Soup – Servings 10 Ingredients
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 / 2lb Italian-style turkey sausage, skin removed
- 2 cups large russet-style red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 cups Progresso Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups fresh chopped spinach or chard
- 1 can (15 or 19 oz) Progresso® cannelini-style navy beans, drained and soaked
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half or whole milk and cream
Minestrone Soup – Instructions
- In 4-quart pot, cook bacon until golden brown; Drain off the fat or pat dry with a paper towel. Chop it into small pieces and set it aside. Skim the excess fat from the pot.
- In the same pot, cook the sausage over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; Drain off the fat or pat dry with a paper towel. Put it aside.
- In the same pot, add the potatoes, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, chicken stock powder, pepper, chili flakes, chicken stock, and water. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bacon, sausage, spinach, and beans. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and spinach are sewn together. Stir the half & half (fat-free milk and cream); cook until hot
- Minecraft Decoration Ideas
- Wedding Decoration İdeas
- How to Grow Tomatoes?
- Ibiza Island
- Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
- Birthday Decoration Ideas For Kids
- Most Beautiful Bedroom Decoration
- Bathroom Design Ideas and Shower Items
- Young Room Decoration
- Small Balcony Decoration
- Which Colors Should Be Used in The Living Room Decoration?
- Small Kitchen Suggestions
- Home Office Decoration Ideas
- Kids Room and Baby Room Decoration Suggestions
- Living Room Decoration
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Small Garden Decoration Ideas
- Office Decoration Ideas
- Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- Turquoise Decoration Items